Grace Baptist Church Epsom
Welcome to GBCE
Grace Baptist Church Epsom is a small, warm and welcoming Reformed fellowship.
Our aim is to glorify God through the faithful preaching of His Word, and be the kind of people He desires us to be. We endeavour to be a true and consistent witness to our local community of the power of the Good News to change lives.
You are welcome to join us for our Sunday morning and evening services or our mid-week services which comprise of prayer, sharing, bible study and an emphasis on world missions.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
what we believe…
The thing that brings us together is that we trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. We can only come to this trust by knowing Him through the Bible.
Trust means that we…
• Depend on Him to be rescued from sin and its power. It is the sin of mankind that has brought death, sickness and pain into this world. This includes our sins, so we need God’s free gift of Jesus Christ. There is no other way God has shown for people to come to Him, except by accepting His death on the cross on our behalf.
• Respond to Him by repenting, accepting His forgiveness and each day, with His help, living the way He teaches us.
who we are…
We are a warm, friendly congregation with members drawn from all sorts of backgrounds and ways of life, spanning the generations. Our pastor Brian Moody has led the church for over a decade, currently alongside our elders Andrew Davies and Adam Shah.
If you would like further information on the life and work of the church in Epsom please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via our contact page.
Our church's name highlights the fact that we belong to an association of churches called Grace Baptists who believe the Doctrines of Grace. We stand for the fundamental truths of the Bible and hold to the historic teachings of the Christian faith.
We are a church:
• where coming to fully understand the Good News of Jesus Christ is our top priority.
• where sound Bible teaching is regarded as essential for Christian growth.
• that has a heart for this area and for world missions.
• that believes in teaching people, both young and old, and not entertaining them.
• that is centred on building strong relationships among believers.
• whose minister and people care about you and your family.
our purpose as a church
Christians need to meet together to worship God, to study the Bible and to pray. As well as supporting each other we need to follow Jesus’ example by reaching out to our friends and to those in our locality, to share the good news about Jesus.
Whatever challenges we may face, understanding the teachings of Jesus puts our problems into perspective and gives us purpose and direction. If you or your friends have any questions about Jesus, the Bible, or your life, then we are willing to listen.
Visitors are very welcome at our meetings. If you would like the minister, or some church members to call on you some time, we will be glad to do so.
What's on at GBCE
We gather for worship twice on Sundays at 11am and 6.30pm Our services involve worshipping God through prayer, singing, and the reading and preaching of His Word.
We also meet on Wednesdays at 7.45pm for Bible Study and prayer. All are welcome.
Our Sunday School meets fortnightly on Sundays during term-time on Sunday afternoons after the morning service. We spend the hour singing, learning about the Bible and doing crafts. We follow the Mayflower curriculum with the younger children and Youthworks Bible Studies with the older children, looking at a different book of the Bible each term.
All ages are welcome. If it's your first time please come round to the entrance at the side of the church.
Click here to download further info about our Sunday School.
We can provide transport for children or come and collect them locally. Please contact us for details.
From time to time we run a course called Christianity Explored which is an opportunity to listen to and discuss some of the common questions about Christianity. The meetings run for 10 weeks, each lasting 1½ hours in a small group setting. If you would like to attend one of these courses please get in touch...
Grace baptist church epsom, 32 Dorking Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7NH t: 01372 728826 E: email@example.com